• In January and April of 2008, ICBC (Middle East) Limited and ICBC Doha (QFC) Branch respectively obtained the full-scaled category-one licenses which were issued by their local regulatory organizations. Thus, ICBC becomes the first Chinese Bank which set up institutions in the Middle East Region.
• In 20th and 21st of October, 2008, ICBC (Middle East) Limited and ICBC Doha Branch officially started their business.
• By the end of year 2008, ICBC (Middle East) Limited and ICBC Doha (QFC) Branch had achieved its opening-year profits.
• On Dec.of 2009, ICBC Abu Dhabi Branch was granted the Whole Sale Banking License from the UAE Central Bank.
• On Jun, 2010, ICBC Abu Dhabi Branch began to operate.